The USD 234 staff is dedicated to providing an education for all
students, so that they will be able to achieve the following goals:
- Demonstrate the foundation skills, including mathematics, science, communications, social science, and technology.
- Demonstrate civic responsibility.
- Demonstrate desirable life and social skills.
- Demonstrate good physical and mental health.
- Demonstrate creativity and an appreciation of the cultural aspects of life.
school system consists of a senior high school, a middle school, two
elementary schools, and a preschool center. Each school provides a
curriculum that was developed by the USD 234 staff and is aligned with
the Kansas educational standards. Fort Scott also provides a Learning
Center for at risk students.
District buses provide
daily transportation to and from schools for students who live 0.6 of a mile or more from the schools they
Each school has a breakfast and
hot lunch program which meets state and federal nutritional requirements.
Students may bring lunch from home and purchase milk at school. The
high school and middle school also has a basic salad bar for students,
included with the school lunch. USD 234 participates in the Free and
Reduced Breakfast/Lunch Program funded by the federal government.